Wednesday, October 14, 2009

project

working title - 'otto' or something not sure yet.
description - Basically what I want to do here is make a dream sequence picture book. There will be minimal dialogue, only at the beginning and end, and the middle will be a story told by pictures and probably emoticons and thingys. The main character is a poorly drawn man, who is embodied in a poorly drawn head when he is imagining. It is supposed to represent him having his head in the clouds, literally. It reflects on this also because he isn't only dreaming at night when he is asleep but during the day too. You see this at the end of the story when he is late to return to reality and his body is already in class when his mind returns to him. During the dream sequence a variety of non related things happen at random, like a dream. I kind of have an idea of what will happen but its still in early in development.
What I have so far (abbreviated on purpose, each event will be like a snapshot)
Goes to mt.everest, there is pirates, treasure, tied up maided, a pirate ship appears. get on the ship, aliens arrive, dude turns into pirate, pirates vs aliens, aliens take dude (who I am now naming otto) onto the ship, he meets the aliens, and they bring him to some planet. otto exits the ship, meets a monster, the monster chases him through the streets of american suburbia, into an alleyway, and eventually corners him. the monster eats otto, and you see some scary shit. otto is now in a sublime forest, floating along, there is a 1st person view where you see a lake with some hills and stuff, and when you crest a hill there is a clock tower displaying the time. cut back to otto who is all, oh shit what time is it, im late, or something.
after that he goes back though the clouds and stuff and meets his awaiting zombie body in class who, after re-aquiring his mind looks around confused and shrugs it off and starts drawing.

goals - I want to make this 24 pages, so most of these pictures will end up being full page. i dont know the dimensions yet but its not going to be a normal book size, smaller, so it will be a little easier. uh, i also want it to look good, thats a goal I guess, and I want it to make sense to people who read it - without having me explain it. thats a big goal for me.

schedule - once I get rolling I want to be able to do a page like every other day. it probably sounds like a lot but i dont forsee these drawings being super intricate.

issues - i am throwing around the idea of using both drawings and photos for the dreams. photos for the backgrounds basically, and for like, mt.everest and the pirate ship etc. but I think I realized that most of the stuff I am going to have to draw anyways, like the aliens, monster, etc. its still in the back of my mind, but I am probably going to go ahead and just draw everything anyways. the only thing I am dreading is drawing all of the pirates...

visuals - coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment